Orca Athlex Float Wetsuit
The Athlex Float wetsuit combines high buoyancy with high elasticity, resulting in a very balanced wetsuit for swimmers who need added buoyancy to correct their positioning in the water. Thinner upper body and thick leg materials allow swimmers to tackle triathlons with confidence.
The distribution of materials of different thickness in the Athlex Float, such as the 4.5 mm neoprene in the legs, enhances its buoyancy. This will allow you to maintain a horizontal and elevated position in the water for longer, so that your swimming technique is not affected and you can perform at your best in your triathlon competition.
The materials in the shoulder, arm, and back areas give this wetsuit a high level of elasticity in the upper body. This will allow you to swim without restriction, performing each swim stroke with total freedom.
You can improve your speed and hydrodynamics while training and in competitions, thanks to the SCS technology used to treat the materials in this wetsuit.
TechnologyDownload the Orca Athlex Float Whitepaper here
- Yamamoto: Orca wetsuits are made from 100% Japanese Yamamoto neoprene. The performance of this neoprene, which is produced from limestone, is unmatched. Its elastic properties are superior to that of any other type of neoprene, feeling it fluid and endlessly elastic while surfing. Its low weight and density improve thermal insulation, resulting in a light and comfortable suit./li>
- 39+: The increased flexibility of Yamamoto 39 neoprene, combined with the high elasticity of Inifinty Skin 2 lining, provides open water swimmers with maximum freedom of movement. Thanks to this combination, 35% less force is required in fast movements than in conventional neoprene. For slow movements and wider strokes, 45% less force is required than in conventional neoprene. SCS coating also helps reduce friction and water resistance, improving hydrodynamics and increasing speed.
- 39FS: Elasticity, maximum flexibility and total freedom of movement are brought together thanks to the combination of Yamamoto 39 neoprene, Infinity Skin 2 lining and Smoothskin surface finish. With this combination, the open water swimmer will use 35% less force in fast movements and short strokes, while slower and wider movements will require 45% less force than any other conventional neoprene.
- 38: Yamamoto 38 provides more compression for a better fitting wetsuit, for greater comfort when swimming in open water. For greater hydrodynamics, SCS coating is used which reduces water resistance, increasing speed.
- Glued Blind Stitch (GBS) Seams: prevents water ingression
- SCS Coating: The application of this coating on Yamamoto neoprene in Orca’s triathlon range guarantees maximum performance. The SCS treatment helps reduce drag and friction with the water by up to 60%, improving hydrodynamics and increasing speed.
Men's Size Guide
Size (cm/kg) Chest Height Weight 4 85 - 91 157 - 170 56 - 61 5 90 - 95 162 - 170 61 - 66 6 95 - 99 167 - 175 67 - 74 MT 95 - 99 177 - 190 68 - 76 7 98 - 104 173 - 185 75 - 82 8 104 - 108 180 - 188 82 - 89 9 108 - 113 185 - 193 89 - 97 10 114 - 124 190 -196 98 - 109 11 123 - 134 193 - 200 107 +
Women's Size Guide
Size (cm/kg) Chest Height Weight XS 78 - 83 144 - 160 46 - 53 S 83 - 89 157 - 167 54 - 61 M 89 - 94 165 - 177 60 - 67 L 94 - 99 170 - 185 66 - 74 XL 99 - 104 177 - 189 73 - 79